pre raphaelite church

General discussion and anything that isn't covered by the other categories.
Mike Farley

Re: pre raphaelite church

Postby Mike Farley » Sat 02 Sep 2017, 08:41

Wally

Other than reducinng the dimensions of an image to a maximum of 1024 x 768 pixels, all you need do is adjust the quality slider so that the preview shows a file size of 256 KB or less when saving the shot as a JPEG. It is all very straightforward.

I will be giving a demonstration of the club's new online DPI entry system at the first meeting of the season this coming Wednesday and will be covering preparation of images both in Lightroom and Photoshop as part of that. As a favour, I will include this in my presentation. Heck, I will even do it on a Mac, just for you. ;)
Regards

Mike Farley
(Visit my website and blog - www.mikefarley.net)
Ronald Barker

Postby Ronald Barker » Sat 02 Sep 2017, 09:54

Thanks Mike, if you do on a Mac it will help other members who have Macs as well including myself.
Ron
Mike Farley

Postby Mike Farley » Sun 03 Sep 2017, 08:44

Ronald Barker wrote:Thanks Mike, if you do on a Mac it will help other members who have Macs as well including myself.

Essentially, the main differences between a Windows machine and a Mac lie in the operating systems, rather than those applications which are common to both. PhotoEntry, the club's new online digital image upload system, is accessed by a browser and functions identically; the browser only displays what is sent by the host system. For all intents and purposes, both Lightroom and Photoshop are the same as well. These will be the three applications which I will be demonstrating on Wednesday.

When I upgraded my laptop, the best option in respect of photography was a Mac Book. My desktop remains a Windows machine. Since then, I would say that Apple has lost the plot with its latest incarnations. A substantial price hike and the removal of legacy ports while they are still current for most people was a double whammy. For me, anyway. In the meantime, the quality of the displays on the better Windows laptops has improved. I would probably not make the same decision in respect of a Mac Book if I were updating today.

My mixed setup was only possible as Adobe Creative Cloud allows me to run my two copies on separate platforms. Prior to the introduction of the leasing model, I would have needed separate licences for Windows and Mac versions. In use, Lightromm and Photoshop are interchangeable and I can easily switch between the two platforms.
Regards

Mike Farley
Mike Farley

Postby Mike Farley » Sun 03 Sep 2017, 08:57

Ronald Barker wrote:Thanks Mike, if you do on a Mac it will help other members who have Macs as well including myself.

Essentially, the main differences between a Windows machine and a Mac lie in the operating systems, rather than those applications which are common to both. PhotoEntry, the club's new online digital image upload system, is accessed by a browser and functions identically on either machine since the browser only displays what is sent by the host system. For all intents and purposes, both Lightroom and Photoshop are the same as well. These will be the three applications which I will be demonstrating on Wednesday. Any other disparities will be irrelevant in the context of my presentation.

When I upgraded my laptop, the best option in respect of photography was a Mac Book. My desktop remains a Windows machine. Since then, I would say that Apple has lost the plot with its latest incarnations. A substantial price hike and the removal of legacy ports while they are still current for most people was a double whammy. For me, anyway. In the meantime, the quality of the displays on the better Windows laptops has improved. I would probably not make the same decision in respect of a Mac Book if I were updating today.

My mixed setup was only possible as Adobe Creative Cloud allows me to run my two copies on different operating systems. Prior to the introduction of the leasing model, I would have needed separate licences for Windows and Mac versions. In use, Lightromm and Photoshop are interchangeable and I can readily switch between the two platforms.
Regards

Mike Farley

Return to “General”