pre raphaelite church

General discussion and anything that isn't covered by the other categories.
walterconquy

pre raphaelite church

Postby walterconquy » Thu 17 Aug 2017, 19:40

Hi all, just a short note. I went to Fitzrovia yesterday ( Fitzroy Square ) near Tottenham Court Road.
Taking pictures. I happened to walk down this road and i saw this small church open. A chap came out and invited me in.
So I went in.
I saw the most beautiful place that I have seen in donkeys years.
It was the church for Middlesex Hospital and when the hospital was pulled down a couple of years ago they left the church standing.
With just the flash on the camera I took a dozen shots, no tripod. Here they are.
Mike Farley

Re: pre raphaelite church

Postby Mike Farley » Fri 18 Aug 2017, 08:11

Er, where are the pictures, Wally?
Regards

Mike Farley
(Visit my website and blog - www.mikefarley.net)
walterconquy

Postby walterconquy » Sat 19 Aug 2017, 18:14

Hi Mike, I placed them in the attachments, isn't that where they should go?
If not why not, I have just looked at the FAQ's and it seems I cannot show my images just like that.
Whats the point of talking about things if we cannot show images?
Mike Farley

Postby Mike Farley » Sun 20 Aug 2017, 08:08

walterconquy wrote:Hi Mike, I placed them in the attachments, isn't that where they should go?
If not why not, I have just looked at the FAQ's and it seems I cannot show my images just like that.
Whats the point of talking about things if we cannot show images?

The simplest way to add images to a post is to drag and drop them from the folder where they are located on your computer. Be aware that there is a size limitation of 1024 x 768 pixels (if I recall correctly) and a maximum file size of 256 KB. Use the preview function to ensure that everything has been uploaded and is displayed correctly before submitting the post.
Regards

Mike Farley
walterconquy

Postby walterconquy » Mon 21 Aug 2017, 13:00

Hi Mike even that size is too big according to the error sign that keeps coming up.
Regards Wally
Mike Farley

Postby Mike Farley » Mon 21 Aug 2017, 15:00

Make the images smaller?
Regards

Mike Farley
Peter Boughton

Postby Peter Boughton » Mon 21 Aug 2017, 21:26

If using Lightroom, it's really easy to make forum-compatible images using export presets.

Here is pre-built export preset that makes sure images fit within 1024x768 and 256kb with sRGB colour space:
http://forums.croydoncameraclub.org.uk/download/CCC%20Forum%20(1024x768,%20256kb).lrtemplate

If you download it, you can drag the file into Lightroom and it should prompt you "Would you like to install the Preset called 'CCC Forum (1024x768 256kb)'? Select Install.

Now you can export any image in Lightroom and the it'll all be done for you - simply right-click (or ctrl-click) the image, select "Export" then the preset (in this case, "CCC Forum (1024x768 256kb)")

It will ask for a folder, and once you have selected one it will export the image and open that folder in Finder (Mac) or Explorer (Windows) so that you can drag the image file from there into the browser to upload it, hopefully with no issues.

There's a lot more functionality available via the Export option and for anyone with Lightroom it is well worth exploring.

I don't know if Photoshop or Elements have similar functionality - but I always bring my finished images back into Lightroom anyway, in large part because it makes exporting with different settings easy.
Mike Farley

Postby Mike Farley » Tue 22 Aug 2017, 07:48

Peter Boughton wrote:I don't know if Photoshop or Elements have similar functionality .....

Thanks, Peter. That function should prove useful for any Lightroom users who want to create images to post on the forum. Neither version of Photoshop has an equivalent routine, so resizing has to be done manually and the desired file size set by using the quality slider. The preview function shows how large the eventual file will be. Not quite so convenient, but hardly onerous either.
Regards

Mike Farley
walterconquy

Postby walterconquy » Fri 25 Aug 2017, 19:10

Hi Peter, is it possible to that in Adobe Bridge, I hardly use Lightroom.
Regards Wally
Peter Boughton

Postby Peter Boughton » Fri 01 Sep 2017, 21:22

I have no idea what features Adobe Bridge provides. A quick search turned up documentation on export presets, but it appears Adobe have chosen not to provide the filesize limit option there - presumably that means needing to adjust the quality slider manually for each export, as with Photoshop.

Return to “General”