Mountboard Purchase 2017

General discussion and anything that isn't covered by the other categories.
GrahamL

Re: Mountboard Purchase 2017

Postby GrahamL » Thu 31 Aug 2017, 10:14

Hi Mike,

No problem, was very much an after-thought anyway.

Cheers,

Graham
Mike Farley

Postby Mike Farley » Thu 31 Aug 2017, 10:58

UPDATE

I have placed an interim order. Wessex were out of stock on the Dark Green and offered to place it on back order. Unfortunately, that does mean that it would incur a delivery charge of £7-50 + VAT, which would have to be shared pro rata among those who participate if they decide to go ahead. Can people let me know what they want to do.

The other issue which affects David and myself is that Daler is moving premises and not everything is in stock, including the Ice White we wanted. While I was on the phone, it was not possible to find whether a similar colour (Daler has loads of near identical whites and there are other manufacturers as well) was available. I need to investigate and go back to them to finalise the order.
Regards

Mike Farley
(Visit my website and blog - www.mikefarley.net)
Ronald Barker

Postby Ronald Barker » Thu 31 Aug 2017, 13:32

Hi Mike
No problem if the green is not available then please cancel.

Ron
davidb

Postby davidb » Thu 31 Aug 2017, 13:55

There are alternatives to the DARK GREEN

Midnight Blue [ WM566 ]
Mid Green [ WM555 ]

Please replace my greens with Midnight Blue [ WM566 ]

Thanks Mike.

PS if Ron still want's to cancel his green card I can take up the slack if necessary.
Attachments
lowcostmountboard.jpg
lowcostmountboard.jpg (11.42 KiB) Viewed 3456 times
Last edited by davidb on Thu 31 Aug 2017, 14:13, edited 1 time in total.
Regards

David A Beard.
davidb

Postby davidb » Thu 31 Aug 2017, 14:11

Mike Farley wrote:I spoke to Wessex earlier as the frames have been removed from its website. As I suspected, the frames are no longer in stock due to low sales volumes and the remaining items have been disposed of in a bulk sale. Wessex have promised to see if they can identify the purchaser and whether the frames are now on sale from them. To be honest, that sounds like a bit of a long shot and I do not anticipate a positive outcome.

I'll provide an update if I hear anything further.

Wessex may not be able to say who they sold their remaining stock to but they should be able to tell us who they BOUGHT them from in the first place. As Wessex are no longer interested in selling the frames they should have no worry about competition from another source.
Regards

David A Beard.
Mike Farley

Postby Mike Farley » Thu 31 Aug 2017, 18:09

davidb wrote:Please replace my greens with Midnight Blue [ WM566 ]

Given that the minimum remains unchanged, that only works if the others who wanted the green are prepared to switch or you are OK with taking all 10 boards.
Regards

Mike Farley
Mike Farley

Postby Mike Farley » Thu 31 Aug 2017, 18:10

davidb wrote:Wessex may not be able to say who they sold their remaining stock to but they should be able to tell us who they BOUGHT them from in the first place. As Wessex are no longer interested in selling the frames they should have no worry about competition from another source.

Wessex, as wholesalers, bought a container full of frames. Is that what you want?
Regards

Mike Farley
toms

Postby toms » Thu 31 Aug 2017, 19:27

Hi Mike,

Regarding my order I'm flexible. Not bothered that much about the Dark Green or even the Black if it comes to that as I still have some stock left from last year. I was merely trying to make the order worthwhile to save postage.

Please feel free to doctor my order as you see fit.

If some members are still unsure about their orders can I suggest that the club purchases some backboard and perhaps (stocks permitting) some Antique White for any new members who might join during the year. 5 of each should suffice.

Thank you again for undertaking this task.

Tom
Mike Farley

Postby Mike Farley » Thu 31 Aug 2017, 19:40

toms wrote:If some members are still unsure about their orders can I suggest that the club purchases some backboard and perhaps (stocks permitting) some Antique White for any new members who might join during the year. 5 of each should suffice.

I can up the Antique White order to 30, but even with the club's request I am below the minimum requirement of 10 for the White.
Regards

Mike Farley
davidb

Postby davidb » Thu 31 Aug 2017, 19:53

Mike Farley wrote:
toms wrote:If some members are still unsure about their orders can I suggest that the club purchases some backboard and perhaps (stocks permitting) some Antique White for any new members who might join during the year. 5 of each should suffice.

I can up the Antique White order to 30, but even with the club's request I am below the minimum requirement of 10 for the White.

Mike - update my order to 5 of the Daler White - this will leave you 2 short of the minimum.
Regards

David A Beard.

Return to “General”