Club Competitions

General discussion and anything that isn't covered by the other categories.
Iggy

Club Competitions

Postby Iggy » Mon 10 Jul 2017, 16:16

The Internal CCC Competitions are very popular with club members as they are the best attended activity at the club. It gives members a chance to show their images and to get feedback from an external judge, while also enjoying viewing other members’ work.

This past season, I for one, have entered every single competition that included 5 print, 5 pdi, monochrome, nature, Master, print of the year, pdi of the year and of course Photo 2017 (both print & pdi). This has been a big commitment but I have rather enjoyed partaking. On the occasions when I haven't been at the club, a friend has kindly handed my print images in.

In the new Sept 2017/ July 2018 season, the competitions are now well spread out throughout the whole year, to make entering the competitions a little easier. A good time to make a start preparing for the competitions is during the August break, when it is a good idea to look through your recent shoots to select and start preparing images for the competitions. Some of you might also need to place an order for mountboard and backing board.

This preparation is particularly important for the first competition which is the Bamber Monochrome Print Competition that is on 13 September 2017.

I hope to shortly release the rest of the interesting CCC programme that includes exciting lectures by invited speakers and CCC members.
Iggy
Mike Farley

Re: Club Competitions

Postby Mike Farley » Tue 11 Jul 2017, 08:43

Iggy wrote:Some of you might also need to place an order for mountboard and backing board.

For the past few years, I have organised a joint order of Wessex Mountboard to take advantage of the low price by buying in bulk. It is the cheapest way to purchase mountboard, which can otherwise be fairly expensive. Does anyone require further mountboard for the forthcoming season?

Details of last year's purchase are at the link below. The details will be the same, although I will need to check prices with Wessex.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2180&hilit=wessex
Regards

Mike Farley
(Visit my website and blog - www.mikefarley.net)
davidb

Postby davidb » Tue 11 Jul 2017, 13:09

Mike

I'm certainly in need of mount board. Let me know when you start to put together an order.

Many thanks.
Regards

David A Beard.
Mike Farley

Postby Mike Farley » Wed 12 Jul 2017, 08:16

davidb wrote:I'm certainly in need of mount board. Let me know when you start to put together an order.

I'll mention it at club tonight and will see how much interest there is.
Regards

Mike Farley
Iggy

Postby Iggy » Wed 12 Jul 2017, 09:18

Hello Mike,
Thanks for taking on the task of coordinating the order for mountboard and back board once again.
Much appreciated,
Iggy
davidb

Postby davidb » Wed 12 Jul 2017, 11:29

Iggy wrote:Hello Mike,
Thanks for taking on the task of coordinating the order for mountboard and back board once again.
Much appreciated,
Iggy

Agreed.
Regards

David A Beard.
Mike Farley

Postby Mike Farley » Thu 13 Jul 2017, 08:49

Mike Farley wrote:I'll mention it at club tonight and will see how much interest there is.

Given the number of people who last night said they would like to participate, I'll start a new thread once I have checked prices with Wessex Pictures. The intention is to place the order during the summer break and have the orders available for collection for the first meeting of the new season in September.
Regards

Mike Farley
Mike Farley

Postby Mike Farley » Thu 13 Jul 2017, 14:41

Mike Farley wrote:Given the number of people who last night said they would like to participate, I'll start a new thread once I have checked prices with Wessex Pictures.

Now posted. If you wish to place an order, please use this thread: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2517.
Regards

Mike Farley

Return to “General”