2016 Mountboard Purchase

General discussion and anything that isn't covered by the other categories.
Mike Farley

Re: 2016 Mountboard Purchase

Postby Mike Farley » Wed 31 Aug 2016, 18:39

I attach an updated list showing the current status of the proposed order:

Changes made:

• GrahamL's orders revised. White (WM500) removed and Antique White (WM501) is now 5.
  • All individual requests for Antique White Textured (WM594) increased by 1. Those involved have been notified via PM.
  • Tom's Midnight Blue (WM566) order increased by 2.
  • Dark Green, Ingres Sand and White Core Bright White requests cancelled.
  • Black (WM510) order to reduced by 1. All those who have ordered black mountboard have received a PM from me detailing their options. It would help me greatly to have confirmation of what people want to do. In the absence of any response so far, I have arbitrarily reduced David Candlish's request to achieve the minimum order.

If anyone wants Antique White Textured or Black mountboard, there is some scope to adjust the orders accordingly. For the remaining colours, at this late stage I will have to insist that any further amendments are made in multiples of 5. I don't think my sanity could cope, otherwise. :?
Attachments
Mountboard 2016 No prices.pdf
Latest order summary
(221.52 KiB) Downloaded 158 times
Regards

Mike Farley
(Visit my website and blog - www.mikefarley.net)
Canonballer

Postby Canonballer » Wed 31 Aug 2016, 22:53

Hi Mike.

I almost forgot - but it's not midnight yet so I hope this makes the deadline. Please could I ask you to order 5 x sheets of black mountboard for me?

Many Thanks,

Dave N.
Regards,

Dave Newman
Mike Farley

Postby Mike Farley » Thu 01 Sep 2016, 07:51

Canonballer wrote:Hi Mike.

I almost forgot - but it's not midnight yet so I hope this makes the deadline. Please could I ask you to order 5 x sheets of black mountboard for me?

I shall be placing the order later today, so the midnight deadline is somewhat arbitrary due to Wessex Pictures' opening hours*. This brings the black mountboard order to 10 sheets whereas I have requests for 11. If those who want this mountboard can agree between them how to share the allocation and let me know what is decided, I'll adjust the spreadsheet with the prices accordingly. The prices spreadsheet will be available after I have placed the order and everything is confirmed.

* And my bedtime. ;)
Regards

Mike Farley
Mike Farley

Postby Mike Farley » Thu 01 Sep 2016, 10:33

UPDATE

The order is placed, which means that this offer is now closed. I can safely say that it has been the most exciting* mountboard purchase I have coordinated.

Attached to this e-mail is the PDF version of the spreadsheet I have been using to track orders, which shows the final tally and the cost for each person participating. What I had not known previously was that purchases of 5 or more rolls of tape attract a 10% discount, so I have factored that in. Also, we were so close to the discount for 50 sheets of Nubord2 that I increased my order to reach that total.

In order to meet with Wessex Pictures' stipulation that its own brand mountboard is bought in multiples of 5 and 10, as documented in earlier posts on this thread I have made some minor changes to a couple of requests:

• Those who requested Antique White Texture will each receive an extra board, so that I could get the overall total to 20.
  • I had requests for 11 sheets of black mountboard, so have reduced Dave Newman's order from 5 to 4 to get to 10. See my previous post above for more information.

* There have certainly been times when it has felt like a rollercoaster ride. ;)
Attachments
Mountboard 2016 Final With Prices.pdf
(238.93 KiB) Downloaded 162 times
Regards

Mike Farley
Mike Farley

Postby Mike Farley » Thu 01 Sep 2016, 10:46

WHAT HAPPENS NEXT

The order is being delivered to my house on Tuesday and will be available at the club the following day at our first meeting of the season on 7 September. I am happy to make an arrangement with anyone wants to collect their goods directly from me before the meeting. The best way to do this will be to send me a PM or e-mail via the forum. Payment is on collection.

I do not have facilities for long term storage of these items, so I expect everyone participating either to be at the club to collect their order or make arrangements for someone to pick it up on their behalf.

I cannot make any guarantees about what will happen to anything which remains uncollected.
Regards

Mike Farley
Iggy

Postby Iggy » Thu 01 Sep 2016, 21:24

Hi Mike,
Thank you for all the work that you have put in for sending this order off so that we get it in time for use on the new season's print competitions.
If available, I would be grateful for a couple of the large plastic bags to carry the mount card and nubord home.

I am just wondering if I should bring my mat, long rule and knife to cut them in half as I did last year?

Kind regards,
Iggy
Mike Farley

Postby Mike Farley » Thu 01 Sep 2016, 23:39

Iggy wrote:If available, I would be grateful for a couple of the large plastic bags to carry the mount card and nubord home.

The order will be packed in some bags, but there will not necessarily be enough for everyone. In the past, Wessex have included some extra bags but have charged for them. I can try to get some bags gratis, but are you willing to to pay for them if necessary? If I recall correctly, it was 50p each last time, but I'll confirm the price after I have spoken to them.

Iggy wrote:I am just wondering if I should bring my mat, long rule and knife to cut them in half as I did last year?

Your decision. You will know from last year's experience what works best for you.

Iggy wrote:Thank you for all the work that you have put in for sending this order off so that we get it in time for use on the new season's print competitions.

You are welcome.
Regards

Mike Farley
Iggy

Postby Iggy » Fri 02 Sep 2016, 12:34

Hi Mike,
I will be happy to pay for 2 bags.
I have just done a quick measure of our car. With the back seat down, uncut card fits comfortably in the back. Hence I won't be cutting my own card on site.
I will bring my mat, long rule and knife if any one wants to cut their own card in half AT THEIR OWN RISK. I need to attend this year's CCC Special General Meeting that I missed last year when I did all the cutting.

I need to send of some images to ProAM for printing early next week, what with 2 print competitions in September. At least they deliver next day.

Iggy
Mike Farley

Postby Mike Farley » Mon 05 Sep 2016, 15:52

I have spoken to Wessex Pictures and they have agreed to add some mountboard bags at no cost, but did not say how many. Hopefully there will be enough to go around.
Regards

Mike Farley
Iggy

Postby Iggy » Mon 05 Sep 2016, 16:52

Thank you Mike.

Return to “General”