2015 Bulk Mountboard Purchase

General discussion and anything that isn't covered by the other categories.
rosconti

Re: 2015 Bulk Mountboard Purchase

Postby rosconti » Tue 25 Aug 2015, 14:12

Hi Mike

Thank you for reminding me about this and yes please my order is definite.

Thanks again, Ros
Mike Farley

Postby Mike Farley » Tue 25 Aug 2015, 14:18

Thanks, Ros. Let me know if you would like the boards cut to 2 x A1.

Updated order summary attached.
Attachments
Mountboard 2015 No Prices.pdf
Mountboard Order Summary
(173.54 KiB) Downloaded 165 times
Regards

Mike Farley
(Visit my website and blog - www.mikefarley.net)
Iggy

Postby Iggy » Tue 25 Aug 2015, 18:44

Hello Mike,
I got my order in just before you posted this afternoon.
Regards,
Iggy
Mike Farley

Postby Mike Farley » Tue 25 Aug 2015, 19:40

Thanks, Iggy, I had not noticed that our posts had overlapped.

Here's the latest summary of the order.
Attachments
Mountboard 2015 No Prices.pdf
Mountboard order without prices
(174.58 KiB) Downloaded 115 times
Regards

Mike Farley
toms

Postby toms » Thu 27 Aug 2015, 09:41

Hi Mike & All,

Firstly thank you Mike for sorting out everyone's orders.

I note from the forum and emails that there is some concern regarding cutting the boards in half for transporting purposes. From Mikes post it appears that the delivery date will be on 9 September when we have a talk from Paul Adams. So as not to impose on Paul's talk too much I suggest that suitable arrangements are made in the foyer for members to cut boards prior to the start of the evening (e.g. 7.30) or during the tea break.

If it helps Mike, I am happy to come over and collect the boards earlier that day to ensure that they are at the church for 7.30pm. Would that help everyone?

Regards,

Tom
Iggy

Postby Iggy » Thu 27 Aug 2015, 12:08

Hello Mike,
Rather than trouble you further with cutting the A0 boards, I will cut the boards myself with the equipment that Tom and David have kindly offered to bring in. Thanks very much for coordinating and placing the order for the CCC.

Thank you Tom for arranging cutting facilities to be set up in the foyer at 7.30 pm on the 9th September.

Iggy
Iggy

Postby Iggy » Fri 28 Aug 2015, 17:51

TRANSPORTING Mountboard home.
I guess that the best way to transport cut mountboard home is in an A1 Art Portfolio Storage Case eg Reeves Vinyl Finish @ £9.74; R&L Vinyl @ £12.18; R&L Nylon @ £19.15.
Are these cases capable of carrying 20 mountboard sheets?

Nubord is more sturdy and probably does not need this protection.

An A2 case is needed to bring mounted images to the CCC.

Kindly advise. Thanks.
Mike Farley

Postby Mike Farley » Sat 29 Aug 2015, 18:50

The text of an e-mail sent earlier today to all participants in our joint mountboard order follows.

- 0 -

Barring any last minute requests, it seems that everyone who want to participate in the club's joint mountboard order has now indicated their requirements. I have posted a summary of our order on the forum (link below) and I would be grateful if you would check that I have recorded your request accurately. If there are any errors or omissions, can you either post a correction on the forum thread or respond to this e-mail. At present I have not included any pricing information as this might change should anyone want more board and trigger the next level of discount.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1697&start=30#p8583

The timetable over the next few days will be:

1. 3 September - final day for placing requests
2. 4 September - order placed with Wessex Pictures
3. 4 September - order summary on forum updated with details of individual costs
4. 8 September - order delivered to my house
5. 9 September - mountboard available for collection at the club

It is important that you are either at the club on 9 September to collect your order or make arrangements for someone to pick it up on your behalf as I do not have any long term storage facilities. By prior agreement, you can also collect your board from my house at any time between it being delivered and taken to the club. I would be grateful if you would reimburse me for the cost of your board when you collect it, either by cheque or in cash.

Arrangements are being made for facilities to be available at the club on 9 September for those who wish to cut their board down to make it easier to transport.

Hopefully, this is all self explanatory, but let me know if you require any further info.
Regards

Mike Farley
toms

Postby toms » Sat 29 Aug 2015, 20:49

Hi Mike,

I confirm my order as per your PDF document and as previously stated am willing to help you with transporting the boards.

Thank you for the detailed timetable.

Tom
rosconti

Postby rosconti » Sat 29 Aug 2015, 22:46

Hi Mike

If you don't already have too many to do cutting my (5) boards to an A1 size would be really helpful and then I would be happy to donate £10 or whatever you feel is appropriate to the charity you mentioned. Just one other thing I will be away from September 9th - 23rd so would it be possible for you to hold the boards until then or should I arrange for someone else to pick them up for me? I will be coming to the club on 2nd September to settle my account etc so please can you let me know then. Thanks Ros.

Return to “General”