2015 Bulk Mountboard Purchase

General discussion and anything that isn't covered by the other categories.
toms

Re: 2015 Bulk Mountboard Purchase

Postby toms » Tue 14 Jul 2015, 23:16

Hi,

Thank you Mike for your wisdom in recommending mount board cutters. To save referencing back to Iggy's topic I'll ask the question here. Does Croydon Camera Club need a mount cutter and if so how urgent is it?

Despite earlier threads, we might have limited funds available if we need to purchase a new projector and associated components. This year for SLA competitions we need to have an up to date projector or be the poor relations and borrow one for inter-club competitions.

Earlier threads seem to suggest that we have a lot of money available but if that were true we don't have limited storage capacity which thankfully has already been identified.

Working on the premise that for our club competitions there is no requirement for 50 x 40 mounts, then how urgent do the membership feel we need to acquire a professional or good amateur mount cutter? We have a Council meeting next week and any views would be appreciated.

Regards,

Tom Sherrin
GrahamL

Postby GrahamL » Wed 15 Jul 2015, 12:04

Dear Mike,

I've plenty of the basic board from the January purchase, especially as I've started to re-cycle some.

But would like to more of the excellent:
3 x Wessex Textured Antique White Mountboard, A0 1400 micron (WM594)
and for experiment:
1 x Wessex Champagne Mountboard, A0 1400 micron (WM511)
1 x Wessex Ingres Sand Mountboard, A0 1400 micron (WM549)

Many thanks,

Graham
rosconti

Postby rosconti » Wed 15 Jul 2015, 16:57

Hi Mike

I've been waiting to hear the results of a possible CCC mount cutter before ordering as I am also concerned about buying AO sheets, getting them home undamaged and cutting that size! If it would be possible to at least cut the boards in half at the club that would really help and I would then like to order three antique white, two white and two black. Thank you.
Mike Farley

Postby Mike Farley » Wed 15 Jul 2015, 18:23

rosconti wrote:Hi Mike

I've been waiting to hear the results of a possible CCC mount cutter before ordering as I am also concerned about buying AO sheets, getting them home undamaged and cutting that size! If it would be possible to at least cut the boards in half at the club that would really help and I would then like to order three antique white, two white and two black. Thank you.

Hi Ros

I am confused as to whether this is a definite order or a conditional one dependent on the outcome of Council's decision to purchase a mountboard cutter so that sheets can be cut to A1 at the club. I would be grateful to receive confirmation.
Regards

Mike Farley
(Visit my website and blog - www.mikefarley.net)
Mike Farley

Postby Mike Farley » Fri 24 Jul 2015, 15:39

I agreed to bring forward the mountboard order as I was informed that there was strong interest from members. Yet so far only four people have made requests and we are still just short of the minimum amount required for free delivery. To remind everyone, if you wish to participate this is the occasion to do so as I will not be organising another group purchase for at least 12 months.
Regards

Mike Farley
Iggy

Postby Iggy » Sat 25 Jul 2015, 18:06

Hi Mike,
I am still pondering what to do but should be able to decide after the CCC meeting on Wednesday.

I don't know how many members look at the forum, considering the non participation in other questions that have been asked on this thread.

Perhaps an email reminder might get you a better response.

Best wishes,
Iggy
Mike Farley

Postby Mike Farley » Mon 03 Aug 2015, 09:44

A concern which some people have espressed is what to do with the A0 boards, which can be unwieldy. For those who require it, I am prepared to cut the boards down to 2 x A1. Clearly that will involve a fair bit of additional effort on my part, beyond what I am already doing, so I would like to make a proposition.

I support Croydon Drop-In, a small, local charity which helps young people in the borough who are aged 11 - 25; if you recall, the proceeds from the sales at my recent exhibition are going to them and funding is always a problem. I will cut the board in return for a donation to the charity. I will not suggest a minimium amount, I will leave that to people's discretion and generosity. Regardless of whether or not you are participating in the purchase, you might still want to help. Simply let me know when you place your order and add your contribution onto the cost of the board when the time comes to pay, or just give me a donation, and I'll do the rest.

Sound fair?
Regards

Mike Farley
Ronald Barker

Postby Ronald Barker » Mon 03 Aug 2015, 13:01

Hi Mike

Your offer sounds fair to me, but I would prefer my order without it being cut.

I would like to order:

5x Textured Antique White
5x the thinnest backing board

Ron
toms

Postby toms » Tue 04 Aug 2015, 16:12

Hi Mike,

Attached email received from Tonia:

Hi Tom,
I would like to order some mount board but I can't log in as I can't remember my id or passwords! Would you be able to pass on my order for me please? I would like 20 sheets of antique white board please.
Thanks
Tonia
Mike Farley

Postby Mike Farley » Tue 11 Aug 2015, 17:46

We now have enough requests for a reasonable order, although the only board where we currently qualify for a quantity discount is Antique White, which is getting close to achieving the reduction for 50+. Two more for Textured Antique White would trigger the 10+ discount.
Regards

Mike Farley

Return to “General”