Mirrorless Is Coming

General discussion and anything that isn't covered by the other categories.
Mike Farley

Mirrorless Is Coming

Postby Mike Farley » Thu 28 Aug 2014, 08:51

On this forum I have long asserted that mirrorless cameras are the future of photography. On Luminous Landscape there is a review of some of the leading products and a 32 minute video of a conversation between Michael Reichmann and Kevin Raber {which I have yet to watch).

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/essay ... tion.shtml

I have just returned from a trip to Dartmoor and am in the process of going through the shots, one of which I have posted as my "Photo of the Day".

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1125

So what system did I use exclusively? DSLR or mirrorless? It was the former, although due to the weight penatly I would have loved to have used the latter. The reason was simply that I have not yet fully committed to mirrorless as I have yet to find a system which meets all my needs. Compared to my DSLR, continuous AF and longer telephoto lenses are currently lacking, but that's really all there is between them. Mirrorless would have been fine for all of the shots I took on Dartmoor except that I lack a really wide angle lens and my filter system is designed for my DSLR. In the shot of Wistman's Wood which I have posted, I used a 0.6 neutral density soft graduated filter to balance the exposure between the rocks in the foreground and the sky. I was also shooting streams and waterfalls, and on the one sunny day I had was using a 0.9 neutral density filter to slow my shutter speed to get the "cotton wool" effect with moving water.
Regards

Mike Farley
(Visit my website and blog - www.mikefarley.net)

Return to “General”