2016 Mountboard Purchase

General discussion and anything that isn't covered by the other categories.
Mike Farley

Re: 2016 Mountboard Purchase

Postby Mike Farley » Tue 30 Aug 2016, 22:15

davidb wrote:Mike

This applies only if others help to take the totals to the next level!!

If it helps you can INCREASE my order by the following:
2 x Antique White
and
1 x Midnight Blue

Understood. I'll only add these if they are needed to reach the relevant totals.
Regards

Mike Farley
(Visit my website and blog - www.mikefarley.net)
Mike Farley

Postby Mike Farley » Tue 30 Aug 2016, 22:18

Iggy wrote:
Nubord1 has a better volume discount that the thinner Nubord2

Hi Mike,
Thank you very much for all the effort that you are putting into organising and procuring this order at the best price.
With my Logan Compact Elite Mat Cutter I am just able to cut the thinner Nubord 2 relatively easily which I shall not be able to do with Nubord !.
Additionally Nubord 2 is lighter too which I prefer. Hence please could I stick with order of Nubord 2 (x5) & Antique white mountboard (x7) .
Sorry,
Iggy

Hi Iggy

I confirm that I will leave your Nubord2 order as is.
Regards

Mike Farley
Mike Farley

Postby Mike Farley » Wed 31 Aug 2016, 00:11

rebeccaclark wrote:1 x brown masking tape

I have put you down for 1" tape. Let me know that is not the width you want.
Regards

Mike Farley
davidc

Postby davidc » Wed 31 Aug 2016, 08:53

Can I add 2x antique white please? If no one else orders and we need a couple more sheets to hit the discount, add more onto my order to hit it. So minimum of 2 antique white for me, more if needed to hit the target, on top of everything else.

Like has been said above though I prefer the thinner backing board also sadly :)
Check out my website - davidcandlish.photography
My Top 50 album is here
davidc

Postby davidc » Wed 31 Aug 2016, 08:59

Are you able to see the cost of the Logan 270 blade pack? I can see it on the site, just not the price. Want to see if it compares favourably with Amazon's price of £6.30
Check out my website - davidcandlish.photography
My Top 50 album is here
Iggy

Postby Iggy » Wed 31 Aug 2016, 11:05

Hi David,
There would be postage to pay on the Amazon price for 10 Logan blades at £6.50 unless you spend £20 with them or have already paid because you have Prime.
Check out this postage free price on 50 Logan blades for just £14.80!!!

Logan Mat Cutter Refill Blades 50/Pkg
Price: £14.80 FREE UK delivery.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Logan-Cutter-R ... ter+Blades

Iggy
GrahamL

Postby GrahamL » Wed 31 Aug 2016, 11:36

Dear Mike,

Many thanks again for arranging this, it must be quite a sizeable order in total now.

I have to echo iggy and David's comments. I too much prefer the thinner and lighter Nuboard 2, therefore I do not want to change my order to Nuboard 1. However, you can substitute one of my for white for Antique White to help get the volume discount. My order would become 3x White and 5 x antique White mountboard, with the rest of the items unchanged.

Cheers,

Graham
Mike Farley

Postby Mike Farley » Wed 31 Aug 2016, 13:25

URGENT UPDATE

In the last couple of years, I have been able to purchase individual sheets of Wessex own brand mountboard and had assumed that this was a change of policy from when I first started doing this combined purchase on behalf of the club. To my dismay, Wessex has today informed me that it was actually a mistake and the board can only be purchased in multiples of 5 and 10, which is how it was originally. As you can imagine, this has thrown my plans into disarray, especially coming just before I was planning to place the order. My suggestion to be able to proceed with the original schedule is as follows:

• All requests for individual sheets will be dropped. The effected colours are Dark Green, Ingres Sand and White Core Bright White. If people want to experiment with different colours, it is possible to buy identical Daler board at £5-24+VAT per sheet. That still represents a considerable saving over the shop price should anyone want to take it. Let me know if you wish to do this.
  • I have enough takers for Midnight Blue to be able to order 10 sheets, which will also result in a small discount.
  • At present, I have requests for 49 Antique White and will increase this to 50, which will also take us to the next level of discount.
  • I will add one to Graham's request for White, to get to the minimum amount of 5.
  • Antique White Textured currently comes to 17. Three people have asked for this board, so I will add one to each person's request to bring the total up to 20.
  • Black has a total of 6, which I propose to reduce by 1 which will mean one person receiving a single sheet. The alternative is that we find takers for 4 more sheets.

The main decision falls to those who have asked for Black or the Antique White Textured to accept my proposals. In the case of the former, I will need someone to volunteer to take just one sheet unless I can increase the order to 10. I use White and Antique White, so will take the spare sheets if no one else wants them.

My apologies about this late announcement.

Regarding the backing board, I will not be making a global change to the thicker Nubord1 and will leave everything as it currently stands.
Regards

Mike Farley
Mike Farley

Postby Mike Farley » Wed 31 Aug 2016, 13:26

davidc wrote:Are you able to see the cost of the Logan 270 blade pack? I can see it on the site, just not the price. Want to see if it compares favourably with Amazon's price of £6.30

£4-04+VAT.
Regards

Mike Farley
davidb

Postby davidb » Wed 31 Aug 2016, 17:55

Mike

Can you give us an up to date list based on the revelations from Wessex. I might be able to help make up the numbers.
Regards

David A Beard.

Return to “General”