Sigma DP2M discussion

General discussion and anything that isn't covered by the other categories.
davidb

Re: Sigma DP2M discussion

Postby davidb » Thu 27 Nov 2014, 02:32

It wasn't, by any chance, "Flowers"? I thought it could do with something extra. And, no, I wouldn't have guessed it was taken with the camera under discussion although I didn't get much chance to look at any of the entrants close up (Treasurers duties!).
Regards

David A Beard.
Mike Farley

Re: Sigma DP2M discussion

Postby Mike Farley » Thu 27 Nov 2014, 09:12

davidb wrote:It wasn't, by any chance, "Flowers"? I thought it could do with something extra. And, no, I wouldn't have guessed it was taken with the camera under discussion although I didn't get much chance to look at any of the entrants close up (Treasurers duties!).

That was the one. It was my third image when I tend to experiment to see how judges will respond to something which is not typical camera club fare. There are some judges around to whom it would appeal, but last night's was far better than that and was looking for shots which had more meaning rather than relying on an expanse of warm colour for impact. When we were chatting beforehand about equipment, his view was that there are only a few people around such as David Bailey who manage to exceed the capabilties of their cameras. In essence, that's similar to what I have said previously that the camera is the least important component of any photo. It's the photographer's input which counts.
Regards

Mike Farley
(Visit my website and blog - www.mikefarley.net)

Return to “General”