New EyeFi Mobi Pro Can Send RAW Images

General discussion and anything that isn't covered by the other categories.
Rose

Re: New EyeFi Mobi Pro Can Send RAW Images

Postby Rose » Sun 15 Mar 2015, 11:01

There's now a review of the card here...
http://www.thephoblographer.com/2015/03 ... QVmPWj46K0
Rose
Mike Farley

Postby Mike Farley » Sun 15 Mar 2015, 11:49

I must admit that I am yawning when it comes to this card. I rarely shoot JPEG and do not have a tablet; even if I did would be unlikely to use Lightroom Mobile to process my shots. Given the slow transfer time for wireless and the number of shots I often take, the whole process would be an exercise in frustration and futility. That's for me, of course, and eyefi obviously believes that there are sufficient people out there who think differently to justify launching the product.
Regards

Mike Farley
(Visit my website and blog - www.mikefarley.net)
Rose

Postby Rose » Sun 15 Mar 2015, 16:55

I can see the value of being able to transfer images off the camera onto a tablet for review with a client. But not if it is that slow. I have a connector that I use in conjunction with the camera USB cable to connect with my iPad. I used it last week when I spent a day taking photos for The Samaritans. At lunchtime we sat round a table and reviewed some of the images from the morning's shoot on my iPad. Difficult to do that just using the camera LCD screen. And the iPad is a lot easier to carry round than a laptop (I don't have a laptop anyway...) All images were taken in RAW but transferred to the iPad for viewing - I'm guessing they must convert to JPGs. I do have Photoshop Express on my iPad that I can use for basic editing should I wish to. I do that on holiday when I want to post a couple of images on Facebook for example.
Rose

Return to “General”