2015 Bulk Mountboard Purchase

General discussion and anything that isn't covered by the other categories.
GrahamL

Re: 2015 Bulk Mountboard Purchase

Postby GrahamL » Tue 11 Aug 2015, 22:07

Hi Mike,

As I have a slight preference of the number 5 to 3 I'm happy to up my order and achieve the bulk discount, though may need to reconsider where I store it...

Therefore my order becomes:

5 x Wessex Textured Antique White Mountboard, A0 1400 micron (WM594)
1 x Wessex Champagne Mountboard, A0 1400 micron (WM511)
1 x Wessex Ingres Sand Mountboard, A0 1400 micron (WM549)

Happy to cut my A0 board up myself at home, tis the backing board that really needs the strong arm!

Many thanks,

Graham Land
Mike Farley

Postby Mike Farley » Wed 12 Aug 2015, 00:09

Thanks, Graham, I have updated my spreadsheet accordingly with your revised request.
Regards

Mike Farley
(Visit my website and blog - www.mikefarley.net)
davidb

Postby davidb » Sun 16 Aug 2015, 12:29

I know that the A0 size of the boards are a concern to many people (including myself!). I have an A1 size cutting board which I'd be happy to bring along to the Club to allow the cutting of the boards into manageable chunks. I'll bring a knife and straight edge as well.
Regards

David A Beard.
Iggy

Postby Iggy » Fri 21 Aug 2015, 10:47

We have been having a mass clear out all this week with dozens of large black bags going either to the Cancer charity shop or the dump.
In spite of this storing even A1 board is still going to be problem, but I should hopefully be able to manage A2 board under a bed.
The plan was to order 7 x Antique White Mountboard (WM594) and perhaps just 3 x Backing board (1.85mm; easier to cut?).
I have noted David's kind offer to cut the card at the club, but I expect there will be many takers for this on the night.

Mike, I would be willing to donate £10 to your charity if you are willing to cut the above card using your super cutter at your home to A2 size.
They would then fit in an A2 case that I need to buy to carry mounted images to the CCC!

Still considering my options on mount board cutters and what to get although I am drawn towards the Logan 350-1 Compact Elite Mat Cutter 81cm, space permitting. Any comments regarding Logan cutters would be helpful. Are they sturdy and well made and likely to last 5 years with the occasional use that it is going to get? Does it cut cleanly? Do I need to get a cutting mat to use it?
The other option is the Jakar Picture / Photo Mount Mat Cutter Set & 60cm Ruler for £22.85 + cutting mat.

Just seen the super CCC program that starts on the 2nd September, with the first Monochrome Print Competition on the 16th September quickly followed by Print Competition 1 on 7 October. Need to trawl through images and then get suitable ones to the printers in the next 2 or 3 weeks!
davidb

Postby davidb » Fri 21 Aug 2015, 12:34

Iggy wrote:I have noted David's kind offer to cut the card at the club, but I expect there will be many takers for this on the night.

No, I just offered to bring the equipment - not to do the cutting (although I would be doing my own if Mike doesn't do it!)
Regards

David A Beard.
Mike Farley

Postby Mike Farley » Fri 21 Aug 2015, 12:59

Iggy wrote:Mike, I would be willing to donate £10 to your charity if you are willing to cut the above card using your super cutter at your home to A2 size.

Iggy

To prevent bowing, the board needs to be stored flat and I have found the best place to store it is under a bed. It requires a bit of care if you move the bed, otherwise the board is well protected.

My offer was to reduce the board to 2 x A1, which requires a single measurement and cut. Reducing it to A2 is substantially more work, since three measurements and cuts are needed per board.

Also, I am not clear if this is a definite order. Can you confirm what you wish to do.
Regards

Mike Farley
Mike Farley

Postby Mike Farley » Fri 21 Aug 2015, 13:00

davidb wrote:
Iggy wrote:I have noted David's kind offer to cut the card at the club, but I expect there will be many takers for this on the night.

No, I just offered to bring the equipment - not to do the cutting (although I would be doing my own if Mike doesn't do it!)

Just in case there is any doubt, I will not cut any board unless requested.
Regards

Mike Farley
Mike Farley

Postby Mike Farley » Tue 25 Aug 2015, 12:45

I have received a request from Don Quartey for four sheets of antique white and four sheets of backing board, which I have assumed will be the thinner one.
Regards

Mike Farley
Iggy

Postby Iggy » Tue 25 Aug 2015, 13:09

Hello Mike,
I would like to place an order for Mount board and Nuboard that you are kindly coordinating for the CCC.

5 X WM501 - Antique White
1 x WM594 - Textured Antique White
1 x WM599 - Pale Ivory
3 x NUBORD2 1.85mm Kraft Lined Grey Board 1220mm x 915mm
1 x NUBORD1 2.3mm Kraft Lined Grey Board 1220mm x 915mm

I would be grateful if you could cut the A0 boards in half to A1 size for a donation to your charity.

If possible, I would like to collect the board at the CCC meeting on 9th Sept, where I might cut it down further if possible.
If you wish, I could come over earlier to your place to assist you in loading all the boards into your car for transport to the CCC meeting.

Thanks for offering us the service.
Iggy
Last edited by Iggy on Tue 25 Aug 2015, 13:35, edited 1 time in total.
Mike Farley

Postby Mike Farley » Tue 25 Aug 2015, 13:11

All

The PDF attached to this post has details of all the confirmed orders I have received to date. Ros and Iggy have expressed that they might place orders, but both have indicated that this could be conditional and I have not included them.

In the interests of clarity, I would ask that people only state what they definitely want rather than what they are considering as this tends to introduce confusion, in my mind at least. It is OK to make adjustments up until the closing date next week, I don't mind that.

Could everyone check that I have correctly recorded their requests and let me know of any errors. Could you also let me know if you wish me to cut your boards to 2 x A1 in exchange for a charitable donation. Next week, after the order is final, I will issue an updated version with prices so that everyone will know what they are due to pay. At present, the only boards where we qualify for a quantity discount are Antique White and Antique White Textured.

A reminder of the dates, which are coming up fast:

Orders close: Thursday, 3 September 2015
Board delivered: Wednesday, 9 September 2015 (at the club meeting)

Any questions, comments etc., just holler.
Attachments
Mountboard 2015 No Prices.pdf
Mountboard Order Summary
(173.25 KiB) Downloaded 273 times
Regards

Mike Farley

Return to “General”