Pictures wanted for 14 November Informal Critique

General discussion and anything that isn't covered by the other categories.
Sarahrs

Pictures wanted for 14 November Informal Critique

Postby Sarahrs » Wed 07 Nov 2018, 22:50

Send DPI images for the informal critique evening to Iggy.

Iggy is looking for 20-30 DPI images which will be shown to all members and critiqued by them using the structured approach we will learn. Don't worry, no names will be attached to the DPI images. There will also be an option to have print images critiqued in smaller groups using the same structured approach. Please send DPI images to Iggy. Those sent by Thursday 8 November will also receive informal comments from Roger.

Please also bring along on the night, 3-4 small print images (suggest 6x4 or 7x5) you would like informal comments on.
Iggy

Re: Pictures wanted for 14 November Informal Critique

Postby Iggy » Fri 09 Nov 2018, 19:41

Check out: HOW TO REDUCE JUDGES' CRITICISMS by Roger Wates & much more
http://www.pagbnews.co.uk/sites/default/files/newsletters/en105271213_JudgingSpecial.pdf

Iggy
Iggy

Re: Pictures wanted for 14 November Informal Critique

Postby Iggy » Tue 13 Nov 2018, 16:04

I now have lots of images that CCC members have kindly sent in for the Informal Critique / Judge It Yourself evening.
The evening will start with me presenting Roger Crocombe's slides on how he goes about judging images, which we will then attempt to replicate.
Additionally, Roger has kindly sent me his assessment on a good number of our CCC images that he received anonymously, which will be maintained.

The dpi presentation set up in the Hall naturally lends itself to 6 or 7 groups of 3 or 4 members per row.
Each group will collectively judge each image and record their result after which Roger's assessment of the image will be displayed for comparison.
We would hope to cover at least 20 dpi images (although we have much more than that).

Then Sarah will be in charge of critique of print images that members bring in.

Please find attached the Image Evaluation Matrix that I will bring along (x10) where each teams results can be jointly recorded.
Could you kindly bring along a pen/ pencil for this purpose.

It should be an interactive, fun evening, that gives us an insight on how to judge an image but also the problems that judges are faced with 50 to 70 images to judge in 2 hours!

See you all tomorrow evening!
Iggy
Attachments
IMAGE EVALUATION MATRIX-1A.jpg
IMAGE EVALUATION MATRIX-1A.jpg (252.63 KiB) Viewed 22 times

Return to “General”