Printer Ink Is Cheap!!!!

General discussion and anything that isn't covered by the other categories.
Mike Farley

Printer Ink Is Cheap!!!!

Postby Mike Farley » Thu 18 Jul 2013, 15:35

Everything is comparative, but I have found another liquid which has printer ink well and truly beaten in terms of cost - £20 for 7.5 ml. :shock: :shock: I don't think that there is any printer manufacturer which has the nerve to charge this much. Which is saying something.

http://www.wexphotographic.com/buy-visi ... l/p1011960

This became a compulsory purchase when I managed to put my finger on the sensor of Panasonic G3 camera while changing lenses. I had opted to try holding the camera and both lenses rather than put one of them in my camera bag. Big mistake trying to do a three handed job with only two and I ended up putting my finger inside the throat of the camera's lens mount. I thought I had touched something and sure enough there was a fingerprint smack plumb centre on the sensor. Doh!

It does not help that being mirrorless, the cameras can be designed with a very shallow rear focus which helps keep the lenses smaller and lighter than their DSLR counterparts. That makes it much easier for the ham fisted to get their dabs everywhere as this ham fisted person found out. :oops:

The only good news is that hopefully I have now learnt my lesson and that the expensive, diminutive bottle should last some time.
Regards

Mike Farley
(Visit my website and blog - www.mikefarley.net)
davidc

Re: Printer Ink Is Cheap!!!!

Postby davidc » Thu 18 Jul 2013, 16:11

The moral of today's lesson? Don't use mirrorless cameras! :)
Check out my website - davidcandlish.photography
My Top 50 album is here
Mike Farley

Re: Printer Ink Is Cheap!!!!

Postby Mike Farley » Thu 18 Jul 2013, 16:27

davidc wrote:The moral of today's lesson? Don't use mirrorless cameras! :)

Far too late for me to find that out. :cry:
Regards

Mike Farley
(Visit my website and blog - www.mikefarley.net)

Return to “General”