Photography the Write Way

For guides on how to do something, explanations on how particular results are achieved, etc.
Mike Farley

Photography the Write Way

Postby Mike Farley » Sat 22 Aug 2015, 08:20

If ever I need to take are when describing an idea, this is the occasion. Neither is the title of this thread a typo. ;)

Reading through the description of a course I am thinking about attending, "Writing for Photographers", I was struck about how closely linked the acts of photography and writing are. Both are creative, but expressing in words your thoughts about photography, either your own or others, cannot help make you think more closely about the subject. I do not suggest that you attend the workshop, but there is a pre-course exercise which could make you a better photographer. Simply, it is list ten words which best describe your photography. The full details are in the course write-up, but take your time and do it over a period of days, weeks or months. The list will change as you add and remove words and there are no right or wrong answers. indeed as your photography progresses over the years, so too might the list evolve and you might find the two go hand in hand.

Your list can remain private, or you can share it here if you wish.

http://www.openstudioworkshops.com/writ ... phers.html
Regards

Mike Farley
(Visit my website and blog - www.mikefarley.net)

Return to “Techniques & Tutorials”